The history of the Juraj Fándly Library in Trnava began to be written on February 14, 1927, when the Public Library of the City of Trnava was ceremoniously opened at 6 p.m. It was given two rooms in the building of the burgher school in Adalbertín on Hollého Street no. 4. The first librarian was teacher Eugen Rott. The library board was responsible for the proper functioning of the library.