In the Ephraim-Palais, the Stadtmuseum Berlin shows changing exhibitions focusing on a variety of topics regarding Berlin’s history and culture. The Salon Ephraim and the museum laboratory offer events, workshops and other interactive activities for the whole family.
The magnificent Rococo palais was constructed from 1762 till 1766 by Veitel Heine Ephraim, the royal jeweler and moneyer of King Friedrich the II. In 1935 the Palais had to make room to the extension of the Mühldamm. In 1987 the Nikolai district was reconstructed and the Ephraim Palais was rebuilt a few meters away from its original position.