The University of Arts in Poznań has existed for over 90 years. Its beginning is marked by 1919, when the School of Decorative Arts was founded in Poznań, later transformed into the Institute of Fine Arts. In 1946, the State College of Fine Arts was established. This name accompanied the University even half a century. In 1996, the Academy of Fine Arts received the status of the Academy of Fine Arts. On July 7, 2010, the Academy of Fine Arts changed its name to the University of Arts in Poznań. Changes in the name of the University were related to its continuous structural and program evolution. In this way, the tradition of the University in the process of transformation of the Open and Live University, looking for artistic and intellectual values, was shaped. Neither in the past nor today in Poznań did one artistic, design or aesthetic doctrine prevail. The university at Aleje Marcinkowskiego 29 was and still is a meeting place for various concepts of many fields of art: from classical to the most contemporary disciplines.
Tell us the street or nearest stop from where you would like to get to the venue.